Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday; Wintered Well in the Market Rasen 2.15. Compare odds and bet.
Selected in this column last week, when unseating his rider as early as the second flight, Wintered Well (2:15) is given the chance to atone in the opening novices’ hurdle at Market Rasen.
Jennie Candlish’s five-year-old won a bumper here last May and was unlucky not to defy a penalty against a decent rival (veered badly in the closing stages, throwing away victory) at Ludlow a year later.
That was hopefully just greenness and, assuming he is over his early mishap from 7 days ago, he is expected to go well here. Well backed last week (17/2 into 4/1) he will hopefully open up an each-way price, given that recent Aintree winner Killala Quay is likely to be odds-on.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)