Paul Ferguson has two racing tips for us on Friday; Thunder Strike in the Newbury 3.25 & Tom Horn in the Kilbeggan 20.30. Compare odds and bet.
He may have relinquished his 100% record at Royal Ascot and also has to contend with a 3lb penalty here, but Thunder Strike (3:25) is taken to return to winning ways in the Listed Rose Bowl Stakes at Newbury.
Richard Hannon’s juvenile had earlier completed the hat-trick in the Woodcote at Epsom and, with Sir John Hawkins and Jallota (he split that pair) coming out and running well in the July Stakes last week, the Sakhee’s Secret colt is fancied to bounce back. He was trading at 4/6 this morning with Hills and Coral.
Over in Ireland, novice Tom Horn (8:30) is taken to land Kilbeggan’s feature 3m1f handicap chase, having scored over course-and-distance last time.
Noel Meade’s lightly-raced seven-year-old chased home Arvika Ligeonniere on his chase debut last May and his recent course success came on just his third start over fences.
He has been handed an opening mark of 128, which looks fair and, with most of the field looking rather exposed, he is worth chancing, despite the lack of experience.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)