Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; Sir John Hawkins in the Leopardstown 6.15. Compare odds and bet.
Leopardstown stages a couple of Group 3’s on Thursday evening and Aidan O’Brien is set to saddle a warm favourite in each.
Mars is sure to be short in the Jockey Club Of Turkey Meld Stakes and, given the sharp drop in class, the Galileo colt really ought to be landing the odds here. However, he has had four tough races at the top level this season and might be worth watching this evening. Hopefully after this (win or lose) he is given a break and freshened up for later in the year.
Unlucky in the Derby and a sound third in the St James’s Palace Stakes, he deserves to get his head in front and this looks a fine opportunity, but at the odds, a watching brief is called for.
Earlier on the card Sir John Hawkins (6:15) should relish the extra furlong in the Tyros Stakes and can score in the first time blinkers, though this is his fourth race in two months, so it is also hoped that he is still able to hold his form.
The Henrythenavigator colt, who is out of the top-class Peeping Fawn, scored on debut at the Curragh in May before finishing third in the Coventry and fourth in the July Stakes.
Stable-mate Expedition looked a useful colt when coming from last to first to score on debut, despite looking rather clueless early on, and he could come on considerably for that initial experience. He needs to, however, and the stable first string looks worth backing at 11/10 with Coral.
Leopardstown 18:15: Sir John Hawkins; 11/10 Coral
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)