Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Friday; Clondaw Draft in the Uttoxeter 2.20 & Dabadiyan in the Down Royal 8.50. Compare odds and bet.
Donald McCain has saddled five winners from his last 17 runners over the past nine days and he can land the opener at Uttoxeter on Friday with hurdling debutant Clondaw Draft (2:20).
The five-year-old won an Irish point over this trip last February and has bumped into a couple of smart sorts in both bumpers to date. Beaten by Plain Sailing at Stratford in June, the son of Shantou pulled 16 lengths clear of the third that night and the winner has franked the form by scoring again since (arguably should have won twice since).
This longer trip ought to suit and he can get off the mark under rules, despite the smart ex-Flat performer Western Prize warranting respect now he is upped in trip.
Over in Ireland the progressive Dabadiyan (8:50) is fancied to complete the hat-trick in Down Royal’s concluding Her Majesty’s Plate over an extended 1m4f.
The Aga Khan-owned colt has won his last two starts over this sort of trip at the Curragh and looked a three-year-old on the up when winning a handicap off 92 last time. Michael Halford’s charge holds several big race entries, including the St Leger at Doncaster, and he needs to be landing this if that is to become a realistic target.
Aidan O’Brien’s Royal Irish Hussar looked promising when getting off the mark at Killarney last week, but he faces a potential Group class performer here, so will need to have improved plenty for that. The selection was trading at 13/8 with Paddy Power on Friday morning.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)