Paul Ferguson has two Saturday selections; Mukhadram in the York 2.55 & Cirrus Des Aigles in the Ascot 3.50. Compare odds and bet.
Assuming he has come on as much as expected from his seasonal reappearance in the Grand Prix De Saint-Cloud Cirrus Des Aigles (3:50) is taken to reverse form with Novellist and land this afternoon’s King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Ascot.
On the pick of his form, the French raider is a cut above his rivals here and his two visits to Berkshire have resulted in a victory in the 2011 Champion Stakes and he chased home Frankel in the same contest 12 months later. The selection was trading at 13/8 overnight.
Up at York, unoriginal as it maybe, it is hard to get away from Mukhadram (2:55) in the feature Sky Bet York Stakes.
After wining the Brigadier Gerard Stakes at Sandown on his reappearance, William Haggas’ Shamardal colt has been gallant in defeat behind Al Kazeem in both the Prince Of Wales’s Stakes and the Coral-Eclipse.
A reproduction of either piece of form would make him very difficult to beat here in Group 2 company and this is the scene of his sire’s finest performance, in the St James’s Palace Stakes, the year York staged Royal Ascot. Paul Hanagan’s mount was trading at 8/13 with Betfred and Hills overnight.
2:55 York Mukhadram
3:50 Ascot Cirrus Des Aigles
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)