Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Friday; Alegra in the Sandown 5.00 and White Star Line in the Killarney 5.50. Compare odds and bet.
After an encouraging fourth on debut Alegra (5:00) stayed on strongly to shed her maiden tag over a mile at Thirsk earlier this month and the Galileo filly should relish the extra two furlongs at Sandown this afternoon.
Lady Cecil’s grey also appealed as the type who will continue to learn with racing (still looked green last time, despite finding plenty for pressure) and she looks a nice middle-distance filly in the making. She was available at 6/4 with Ladbrokes and Hills overnight.
Over at Killarney White Star Line (5:50) looks worth noting in the McSweeney Arms Hotel Handicap Hurdle, given he has his ideal conditions and returns from a break (has gone well fresh in the past).
Yet to get off the mark over fences, Dessie Hughes’ nine-year-old reverts to the smaller obstacles this evening and looks potentially well treated on some of his old hurdles form, behind the likes of First Lieutenant and Sir Des Champs.
He will hopefully be a reasonable price and looks worth a small each-way interest in what looks a competitive 20-runner affair.
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14