Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Thursday; 3:45 Glorious Goodwood: Wild Coco; 4:55 Galway Festival: Pique Sous Compare odds and bet.
Last year’s winner Wild Coco (3:45) is taken to make a winning return to action in this afternoon’s Listed Lillie Langtry Stakes, for Lady Cecil and Tom Queally.
The five-year-old was making her belated reappearance when scoring in this contest 12 months ago and, the subsequent Park Hill Stakes winner has winning form on easy ground, so conditions shouldn’t be a problem.
She probably has Ribblesdale third Elik to beat, as she proved she handled this track when winning the Height Of Fashion Stakes in May, but she is thought to need quick ground to show her best and, in any case, Wild Coco has much deeper form. The selection was trading at 5/4 overnight with Paddy Power and Hills.
Though the weather is doing it’s best to ruin my 100% record at this year’s Galway Festival, I’m loathed to desert Pique Sous (4:55) at this late stage, as I’ve had him in mind for the Galway Hurdle for a couple of months now.
Willie Mullins’ grey is two from four over hurdles and scored at Fairyhouse in April, after finishing sixth to stable-mate Champagne Fever in the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle at Cheltenham in March. He also chased home that rival, when third in the Champion Bumper the season before and he struck three times in that sphere.
His hurdles form suggests he is at his best on decent ground, but he won twice last July in soft ground, and it is hoped his class helps him cope with conditions. He certainly looks fairly well handicapped on an opening mark of 137 and, with Bet365 and Paddy Power offering 9/1 and each-way terms to 5 places, he still looks worth taking a small chance on, despite conditions being far from ideal. If it deteriorates anymore, there is probably a good chance he will be withdrawn.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)