Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Cape Peron in the Goodwood 3.05. Compare odds and bet.
This afternoon’s Betfred Mile looks as competitive as ever, but Cape Peron (3:05) remains a youngster capable of landing such a prize and Henry Candy’s three-year-old should be right at home on today’s ground.
Hugely impressive in winning at Doncaster on his penultimate start, the ground would have been quicker than ideal when fifth in the Britannia and he has everything in his favour here.
Dane O’Neill returns to the saddle for the first time since riding the Beat Hollow gelding to win his maiden at Newbury in April and the selection was trading at a general 8/1 overnight. Given the competitiveness of the contest, he should be backed each-way, with all firms offering ¼ odds to 4 places.
3:05 Glorious Goodwood: Cape Peron; 8/1 bet365
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)