Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Thursday; Snow Sky in the Haydock 2.00 and Joyeuse in the Salisbury 3.45 . Compare odds and bet.
Radiator was an impressive winner for Sir Michael Stoute, Prince Khalid Abdullah and Ryan Moore at Lingfield yesterday, and the trio can strike again this afternoon, with Snow Sky (2:00) in the opener at Haydock.
Third to stable-mate Almuheet on debut at Newmarket last month, the Nayef colt should appreciate today’s extra furlong and looked the type to improve appreciably for his racecourse debut.
Down at Salisbury, the Abdullah silks can be carried to success by Tom Queally aboard Joyeuse (3:45) in the feature Listed Dick Poole Stakes.
An impressive winner on debut, Lady Cecil’s Oasis Dream filly again shaped with promise when third in the Albany Stakes at Royal Ascot, a race that has worked out particularly well since. If returning from her 76-day lay-off in top shape, she ought to take a bit of beating.
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14