Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Tuesday; Martin Chuzzlewit in the Goodwood 4.40. Compare odds and bet.
Despite finishing just seventh when selected in this column at York 13 days ago, I can’t help but give one more chance to Martin Chuzzlewit (4:40) who is the rank outsider in the 9-runner 2m handicap at Goodwood on Tuesday.
David Simcock’s four-year-old ran an eye-catching race on his debut for the yard at the Dante meeting in May (previously with Sir Michael Stoute), but has failed to settle properly in each of his last two outings.
After losing his position last time, he ran on well again late in the day and, while he may not exactly be straightforward, the Galileo gelding remains capable of going close off his current mark, if in the right mood and if settling early on. The selection may ideally prefer slightly easier ground, but he looks worth a small each-way investment at 18/1
4:40 Goodwood: Martin Chuzzlewit; 18/1 betvictor
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14