Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Teelin Star in the Sligo 3.25. Compare odds and bet.
JP McManus runs a couple of potentially smart sorts against one another in the opening mares beginners chase at Sligo on Wednesday, in a race that is worth noting with the future in mind.
In the next race, Pat Hughes’ Teelin Star (3:25) is taken to make a winning return and start to rebuild his tall reputation, which two hugely impressive point-to-point victories helped to make.
A bumper winner last September, he unseated Barry Geraghty at the first on his chase debut the following month, before pulling up in a warm event at Naas in November. Given the lengthy absence and the fact he needs to get his career back on track, I would assume he will be wound up for this return and, with the trip on the sharp side, I expect he will set off in front and try the ‘catch me if you can’ tactics. He can outclass this lot if getting into a rhythm.
3:25 Sligo: Teelin Star; 11/4 William Hill
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14