Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Tuesday; Hamelin in the Leicester 15:40. Compare odds and bet.
Despite being burdened with top-weight Hamelin (3:40) looks worth supporting in the feature three-year-old middle-distance handicap at Leicester on Tuesday.
Lady Cecil’s well-bred Cape Cross colt shaped with promise on his first couple of starts, in a warm event that has worked out well on his penultimate start, and he stepped up on that to score impressively at Kempton last month.
From the family of Native Ruler and Sixties Icon, an opening mark of 85 looks fair and, given he seems open to plenty of improvement, there is every chance he can follow up today. The selection was available at 2/1 with Paddy Power this morning
3:40 Leicester: Hamelin; 2/1 Paddy Power
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14