Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Saturday; Tiger Cliff in the Newmarket 3.50. Compare odds and bet.
Having provided this column with a nice touch already this season, when landing the Ebor (selected ante-post at 12/1), it is hard to lose faith in Tiger Cliff (3:50) who continues to improve and can defy both top-weight and a bad draw in the Cesarewitch this afternoon.
Lady Cecil’s four-year-old has gone up just 6lbs for his York success and, given that things didn’t go ideally throughout the contest, the son of Tiger Hill looks to have been given a fair chance by the assessor.
Having proved he gets this far (and more) in the Ascot Stakes, the 8/1 on Saturday morning (available with Paddy Power to 5 places) looked more than fair and he should be backed each-way.
3:50 Newmarket Tiger Cliff
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14