Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Sunday; Joanne One in the ffos Las 2.15 and Seefood in the Limerick 5.20. Compare odds and bet.
Smart in bumpers, both in Ireland and here in Britain since joining trainer Jamie Snowden, Joanne One (2:15) is taken to make a winning debut over hurdles, in the opening mares’ maiden hurdle at Ffos Las on Sunday.
The daughter of Vinnie Roe boasts some pretty strong form and, while she will improve for a trip later in the season, this looks an ideal starting point.
Over in Ireland, should he not be too short, Seefood (5:20) is worth siding with on chase debut, in the concluding contest at Limerick.
A smart novice hurdler last season, he looks to have the size for fences and really ought to take care of this lot. Dessie Hughes’ six-year-old won his first two over hurdles this time last year and goes well fresh.
2:15 Ffos Las: Joanne One
5:20 Limerick: Seefood
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14