Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Tuesday; Present View in the Huntingdon 15:20. Compare odds and bet.
Hopefully the ground won’t deteriorate too much, as Present View (3:20) appeared to appreciate a decent surface last term, but he remains a promising second season novice hurdler, who shaped really well over course-and-distance last November.
The five-year-old disappointed on his final outing of the season, but looks capable of making an impact in this sphere before going chasing and, with Beachfire and No No Charlie likely to set the market, the selection might be an each-way option (price dependant on first show).
Jamie Snowden and Brendan Powell provided us with a nice winner in these colours at Ffos Las on Sunday, when the smart mare Joanne One won impressively on her hurdles debut, and the Lambourn-based handler can strike again here.
3:20 Huntingdon: Present View; 3/1 bet365
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14