Paul Ferguson has two selections from Exeter for us on Tuesday; Kentford Grey Lady in the 2.40 and The Italian Yob at 3.40. Compare odds and bet.
It could be a good day for Noel Fehily at Exeter on Tuesday, with the jockey taking the ride aboard two really interesting chasing debutants.
Classy mare Kentford Grey Lady (2:40) bids to continue the good run of trainer Emma Lavelle and the grey won first time out last year. Conditions look right for her first attempt over fences and, though she takes on a classy sort in Sonofvic, she is fancied to make a winning debut. Her main market rival is returning from a 586-day absence, so might just need the run, especially over 3m.
Later on the card, he rides The Italian Yob (3:40) in the 2m1f novices’ limited handicap chase and Nick Williams’ imposing five-year-old makes his fencing bow on a nice mark.
He ran well at this meeting last year, before winning here over timber, and he has always struck me as a chaser in waiting. He opened up at 5/1 last night and the money was already coming for him; a bold show is clearly anticipated.
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14