Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; Eduard in the Carlisle 14:20. Compare odds and bet.
As was the case yesterday, the day’s selection makes his chasing debut in a really interesting contest, the Call Star Sports On 08000 521 321 Beginners’ Chase.
Charlie Longsdon continues to fire in the winners and unleashes his stable-star Pendra here; the imposing son of Old Vic looks all over a chaser. A winner first time out during both seasons racing to date, he will no doubt prove extremely popular, but will probably come in to his own over further this season, so a chance is taken on Eduard (2:20) who himself looks a cracking novice chase prospect.
Nicky Richards’ five-year-old also won a bumper on debut and went extremely close on his hurdles debut last season, so also goes well fresh. He went on to record two wide-margin successes over this sort of trip, latterly here in February where he stuffed inferior opposition by upwards of 29 lengths.
Better than he showed at the end of the season at Aintree, he is fancied to bounce back this season over fences and can make the perfect start under Brian Harding.
2:20 Carlisle: Eduard; 13/8 Stan James
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14