Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Tuesday; Hawk High in the Sedgefield 12.50. Compare odds and bet.
I don’t tend to get involved in juvenile hurdles so early in the season, but the 2m1f contest at Sedgefield is one of the more interesting contests of the day.
David Pipe’s Ainsi Fidelis was popular ahead of his British debut behind subsequent Cheltenham winner Royal Irish Hussar and is respected after making the long journey north, but Hawk High (12:50) appealed as the type to do well over timber and duly made a winning debut at Aintree last month.
Tim Easterby’s High Chaparral gelding looked a strong stayer on debut and the third has won since to give his form some substance. Today’s softer ground shouldn’t be too much of a concern and he can make it two from two under Dougie Costello.
12:50 Sedgefield: Hawk High; 5/4 @ bet365
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14