Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Junction Fourteen in the Fontwell 13:10. Compare odds and bet.
The hurdling debut of Diamond King is the highlight at Wetherby on Wednesday, but he is bound to be short, so the day’s selection comes 10 minutes earlier from Fontwell.
Emma Lavelle and Aidan Coleman teamed up to provide us with a novice hurdle winner last week in the shape of useful looking stayer Swallowshide and they can repeat the trick here with Junction Fourteen (1:10) who shaped with an abundance of promise on his hurdling debut at Exeter recently.
Third in a warmer ever than this, the son of King’s Theatre travelled well for a long way and looked as though he would learn plenty for that initial experience. The four-year-old drops back in trip two furlongs this afternoon, but that shouldn’t be an inconvenience and he has more scope for improvement that the other main protagonists.
1:10 Fontwell : Junction Fourteen; 15/8 William Hill
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14