Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Thursday; Springinherstep in the Taunton 3.10 and Sign Of A Victory in the Ludlow 4.00. Compare odds and bet.
Thursday could be a decent day for Nicky Henderson, with the champion trainer looking to hold sound chances at both Taunton and Ludlow.
Useful mare Springinherstep (3:10) still promises to develop in to a smart performer and, should she learn to settle, the six-year-old looks capable of winning off her current mark of 119.
A strong travelling daughter of Saddler’s Hall, she goes well after a break and will hopefully get her ideal ground conditions. The slight step up in trip is an unknown, as she looks full of speed, but she is potentially a class above this lot and is worth backing at 7/4 with Paddy Power.
Up at Ludlow, Henderson’s Sign Of A Victory (4:00) can land the concluding bumper under Andrew Tinkler, though this looks a fairly decent event and one that should throw up a few future winners, so be sure to pay close attention.
The four-year-old ran a race full of promise on debut in a warm event at Aintree in May, from which the second and third have already won this term. If the son of Kayf Tara has improved for that initial experience and his summer break, he sets a fair standard.
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14