Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Uxizandre in the Plumpton 13:20. Compare odds and bet.
‘AP’ was at his best at Cheltenham yesterday, aboard the enigmatic Kid Cassidy, and the Champion Jockey heads to Plumpton today for a trio of exciting rides.
He could easily walk away with a treble on the board, with Champion Bumper second Regal Encore likely to be difficult to beat on his second start over hurdles and Paul Nicholls’ point-to-point winner V Neck looking an interesting recruit.
The pick of the trio from a punting perspective is, however, Uxizandre (1:20) who bids to follow up a course-and-distance success in the SIS Live Novices’ Chase.
Alan King’s five-year-old jumped really well until ploughing his way through the second last, yet he had enough left in the tank to get back up and win, when such a serious error should really have put pay to any winning chance.
Giving weight to Funny Star and Hi Note won’t be too easy a task, but if he jumps as he did for the majority of his chasing debut, it will take a good one to lower his colours and the chestnut opened up at Evs with Paddy Power on Sunday evening.
1:20 Plumpton: Uxizandre; evens Paddy Power
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14