Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; It’s High Time in the Musselburgh 3.20. Compare odds and bet.
A pretty ordinary day on Monday, but the concluding bumper at Musselburgh is an interesting contest that could throw up a couple of future winners.
Donald McCain’s Katachenko finished fourth in a Limerick bumper, which has worked out well, and has since been purchased by Trevor Hemmings for £35,000. The four-year-old is sure to win races, but It’s High Time (3:20) also shaped well in an Irish bumper before going down by ½ a length over course-and-distance last month.
Lucinda Russell’s five-year-old probably wasn’t suited by racing alone (up the centre of the track) for the final couple of furlongs, but battled on well all the way to the line. The time before, he chased home Indevan (beaten just a head) and Willie Mullins’ charge has since scored three times over hurdles. That form looks pretty solid indeed.
3:20 Musselburgh: It’s High Time; 11/8 Skybet
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14