Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Sunday; Sizing Tennessee in the 12.05 and Sizing Gold in the 2:15 both at Navan. Compare odds and bet.
Sunday could be a big day for Andrew Lynch and the Potts’ who unleash a couple of exciting novices at Navan.
Lynch rides Sizing Gold (2:15) in the beginners’ chase for Henry De Bromhead and, having missed a couple of engagements recently, it is hoped he finally makes his eagerly awaited debut over fences.
A smart novice hurdler last term, the six-year-old has long been regarded as a chaser in waiting and he looks a really exciting recruit. The selection was trading at 15/8 with Paddy Power on Sunday morning.
Earlier on the card, Lynch will get the leg up aboard the Willie Mullins-trained Sizing Tennessee (12:05) in the opening maiden hurdle.
A dual bumper winner, the son of Robin Des Champs failed to land a blow in the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham, before finishing fifth in the Grade 1 at Punchestown, beaten just over 7 lengths by The Liquidator.
The five-year-old sets a fair standard on bumper form and will take the beating, if hurdling fluently on his debut over timber.
12:05 Navan Sizing Tennessee
2:15 Navan Sizing Gold
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14