Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; No Pushover in the Towcester 3.40. Compare odds and bet.
Nicky Henderson provided us with a winner and a second at Newbury yesterday (the trainer saddled three winners in all on the card) and his No Pushover (3:40) is taken to get off the mark at the second time of asking, in the mares’ bumper at Towcester.
The daughter of Scorpion, who should handle the ground (most his progeny do), shaped with a deal of promise when third here in April and the winner, Fergal O’Brien’s The Govaness, franked the form by landing a Listed bumper at Cheltenham in November. The runner-up has also won over hurdles since.
The four-year-old looked rather green on debut and could step forward considerably this afternoon and, if that is the case, she sets a fair standard.
Of the opposition, Ballyhollow ran a sound race on her return at Ludlow recently, while Rose Pageant looks a newcomer to keep tabs on in the market.
3:40 Towcester No Pushover
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14