Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Tuesday; Mudita Moment in the Warwick 12.50. Compare odds and bet.
Off the track for 577 days Mudita Moment (12:50) was a horse I monitored closely before his lay-off and, down in the weights and making his debut for Venetia Williams, who can ready one after an absence, he is taken to land the opener at Warwick on Tuesday.
The eight-year-old is still a maiden, but was placed on his last four starts and there has to be a chance he will step forward for his new trainer, with the drop in trip likely to suit on this ground, too.
If you go back far enough through his form, you will see that he split Bobs Worth and Captain Chris when third in a Kempton bumper on his rules debut (race won by the useful Prince Of Pirates). The Heron Island gelding has more than enough ability to win a novices’ handicap hurdle off 92 and he was available at 9/4 with Bet365 overnight.
12:50 Warwick: Mudita Moment; 9/4 bet365
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14