Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Jet Master in the Musselburgh 14:10. Compare odds and bet.
Musselburgh stages the only jumps card on Friday and the opening maiden hurdle looks the most interesting event.
King Of Strings came fifth in a warm Haydock bumper on his penultimate start and shaped well on his hurdles debut last time. He looks sure to go well, though I’m not sure this sharper track will play to his strengths and, given there is a bit of depth to this contest, the race is best watched.
The 2m novices’ chase may only see four going to post, but Witness In Court is capable of making his mark over fences, while debutant Reaping The Reward has plenty of ability on his day and makes his debut for Lucinda Russell this afternoon. The fragile 10-year-old goes well fresh, so that is not an issue, but he probably wants better ground and further, while the former also drops back considerably in trip, too.
That leaves the way for Jet Master (2:10) to get off the mark at the sixth attempt, having shown plenty of promise on a couple of occasions. He was in the process of running his best race to date when unseating today’s jockey, Brian Hughes, behind Pendra and Eduard at Carlisle in October, and the return to the minimum trip is in his favour this afternoon.
2:10 Musselburgh: Jet Master; 6/5 bet365
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14