Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Saturday; Avondhu Lady in the Cork 2.10. Compare odds and bet.
With Sandown already abandoned and Wincanton following suit on Saturday, it’s over to Cork for Saturday’s sole selection, which comes in the mares’ handicap hurdle.
All eyes (and cameras) will no doubt be on Bryan Cooper and the newly appointed Gigginstown House Stud jockey can strike aboard Avondhu Lady (2:10) for trainer, David Fenton.
Cooper won a maiden hurdle aboard the nine-year-old back in February 2011 and she has gone from strength-to-strength since going over fences, winning just twice but obtaining a rating of 133.
She reverts to the smaller obstacles this afternoon on a 29lbs lower mark and, despite carrying top-weight, it will be disappointing if her class can’t see her through against today’s opposition. The selection was available at 11/8 with BetVictor on Saturday morning.
2:10 Cork Avondhu Lady
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14