Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Thursday; Kilmurvy in the Wincanton 1.20 and Joanne One in the Market Rasen 2.30. Compare odds and bet.
Twice a winner for this column already this season Joanne One (2:30) is fancied to make it three from three over hurdles at Market Rasen on Thursday.
Jamie Snowden’s improving mare should relish the step up in trip and the likely soft ground will not pose her any problems. She was already being well-supported last night, with Coral the stand-out at 13/8.
Conditions at Wincanton should suit Kilmurvy (1:20) in the opener and Jeremy Scott’s six-year-old looks worth an each-way interest, having opened up 10/1 with Betfred.
The Shantou gelding ran on well under similar conditions at Ascot last time and has been dropped 1lb by the assessor. Deep ground and 2m6f is just about ideal and, at the odds and with 4 places on offer for each-way players, he makes plenty of appeal this afternoon.
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14