Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Flementime in the Southwell 13:45. Compare odds and bet.
The ground is sure to be pretty desperate at Southwell on Monday and, given how she jumped out of bad ground last time, that is a slight concern for Flementime (1:45) who is still given the nod over Brave Vic in the 2m4f novices’ hurdle.
Another concern is the fact that Martin Keighley has saddled just 3 winners since the end of November (from 49 runners), but a couple of his, notably Annacotty and Champion Court (until his stamina gave way) ran well last at Cheltenham last week.
This Flemensfirth mare looked good when winning a Plumpton bumper back in January 2012 and ran a blinder on her belated hurdles debut, when runner-up to the smart Legacy Gold (won again since) at Uttoxeter in December.
The six-year-old was then pitched in pretty deep last time at Warwick, when facing more experienced and several classy mares, and she faded in to fifth, after an indifferent round of hurdling. However, she remains a useful prospect and it will be disappointing if she can’t get back on track here.
1:45 Southwell: Flementime 4/5 Stan James
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14