Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Edmund Kean in the Ludlow 14:10. Compare odds and bet.
Though conceding 7lbs to both The Romford Pele and Wilton Milan may make life a little tougher Edmund Kean (2:10) is still fancied to make it two from two over fences, at Ludlow on Wednesday.
David Pipe’s seven-year-old, who holds entries in the RSA and 4m National Hunt Chase at Cheltenham, races under his optimum conditions, as he relishes a stamina test on bad ground.
The Old Vic gelding made a fine start to his chasing career, scoring in a novices’ handicap chase (off 132) at Leicester last month, and he should make a bold bid, despite shouldering a penalty.
The Romford Pele has useful form in defeat over fences to his name, but needs to prove himself over 3m, while Wilton Milan is clearly talented, but he has failed to complete on all three outings this term (two of which being over fences).
2:10 Ludlow: Edmund Kean; 5/6 Paddy Power
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14