Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Albert Bridge in the Kempton 14:00. Compare odds and bet.
It’s rare that I select a Flat horse on debut over hurdles but, after the success of First Mohican yesterday, Albert Bridge (2:00) is another to side with at Kempton this afternoon.
The six-year-old makes his debut for Emma Lavelle today, having shown useful form in staying handicaps on the level for Ralph Beckett (same owners), and he ought to relish conditions.
His form on soft or heavy reads 7122 and the Hernando gelding also won a Newbury handicap on good-to-soft as a three-year-old. The grey stayed the best part of 2m on the Flat, so should get home over today’s trip and he looks capable of a bold showing on his first outing for 118 days.
There looks a bit of depth to this contest and, with the dead eight going to post, the selection should be backed each-way if the price makes that possible.
2:00 Kempton: Albert Bridge; 10/3 bet365
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14