Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Hawaii Five Nil in the Catterick 2.20. Compare odds and bet.
Jonjo O’Neill boasts a 33% strike-rate with his hurdlers at Catterick in recent seasons (2 winners from 6 runners) and Hawaii Five Nil (2:20) is fancied to enhance that impressive record further on Monday.
The son of Gold Well, who lowered the colours of the smart Turnandgo in a bumper at Clonmel, has shaped with glimpses of promise in three fairly decent contests over hurdles so far this term and appeals on his handicap debut off a mark of 111.
The six-year-old cost his current connections £130,000 and can start repaying the hefty price tag this afternoon. He was trading at 9-4 with Paddy Power overnight.
2:20 Catterick Hawaii Five Nil
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14