Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Hurricane Hollow in the Musselburgh 16:55. Compare odds and bet.
Keith Dalgleish’s HURRICANE HOLLOW (4:55) looked a smart prospect when winning a junior bumper at Carlisle in October and is taken to follow up at Muselburgh on Wednesday.
The four-year-old had been considered for a switch to juvenile hurdles, but connections presumably feel their youngster is capable to heading to one of the big spring bumpers and he can take this en route.
This looks a really interesting affair, however, and one that should be watched closely with the future in mind. Nathans Pride looking smart in Ireland before joining Tim Vaughan (will appreciate today’s better ground) and Apache Prince shaped with a deal of promise behind stable-mate Meadowcroft Boy at Ayr in April. This race should throw up plenty of future winners.
4:55 Musselburgh – Hurricane Hollow; 3/1 bet365
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14