Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Flementime in the Exeter 2.50. Compare odds and bet.
Arguably the most interesting runner on Friday is Alan King’s Uxiazndre at Warwick, but the unbeaten novice chaser looks to face a fairly stiff ask off 150 and under top-weight this afternoon, so it is off to Exeter for the day’s selection.
Martin Keighley’s Flementime (2:50) was a short-priced winner for the column last time and the unexposed six-year-old is taken to follow up on her handicap debut.
An opening mark of 125 looks fair enough, especially judged on the form of her second at Uttoxeter on hurdles debut after a lengthy lay-off. Off the mark at the third time of asking over timber, the Plumpton bumper winner will probably appreciate better ground in time, but did score on heavy last time. She was available at 11-4 on Thursday evening with Bet365, Paddy Power and Bet Victor.
2:50 Exeter: Flementime; 11/4 betvictor
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14