Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Fascino Rustico in the Wincanton 15:50. Compare odds and bet.
It might seem a distant memory since Fascino Rustico (3:50) bolted up in a Carlisle bumper in April 2012, after which John Hales paid £310,000 for him, but the six-year-old has progressed nicely over hurdles and was about to record a facile success before capsizing two out just 11 days ago.
The quick return is obviously a slight concern, but the son of Milan looks to have been handed a fair mark for this handicap debut (126) and he is fancied to make amends at Wincanton, under Daryl Jacob. The selection was fairly easy to back on Tuesday evening, trading at 13-8 with Paddy Power.
Of the oppostion, Midnight Thunder, another expensive purchase (£215,000), also appeals as the type to get off the mark now he enters handicap company off a lowly looking 110. Colin Tizzard’s five-year-old also shaped well here last time and shouldn’t be long in winning off his current mark.
3:50 Wincanton: Fascino Rustico; 13/8 Paddy Power
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14