Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Big Hands Harry in the Newbury 14:40. Compare odds and bet.
Following a hugely promising second behind stable-mate and Cheltenham Festival hopeful Royal Boy at Ascot in December, Big Hands Harry (2:20) sets the standard in the 2m5f novices’ hurdle at Newbury on Friday.
The son of Multiplex kept on really well that day, having earlier won on his sole start between the flags in Ireland, and the winner franked the form by landing the Grade 1 Tolworth Hurdle next time.
Just under an hour later Sign Of A Victory ought to complete an across the card double for the yard, in the conditional jockeys’ novices’ hurdle at Doncaster.
The easy Ludlow bumper winner again impressed when landing a jumpers’ bumper last time, having earlier been backed heavily to land a warm Newbury maiden hurdle at the Hennessy meeting. Back on better ground and a tighter track, the five-year-old should be very tough to beat, but will probably be priced up accordingly.
2:20 Newbury: Big Hands Harry; 4/5 Stan James
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14