Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Sunday; Bright New Dawn in the 3:30 and Carriganog in the 3:00 both at Naas. Compare odds and bet.
Naas stages a decent card on Sunday, where Bright New Dawn (3:30) is fancied to land the Grade 3 novice chase, with the step back up to 2m4f sure to suit.
Dessie Hughes’ good looking seven-year-old, who still holds an entry in the JLT next Thursday, has to concede weight to all five rivals, but should be up to the task. He was available at 5/6 with Paddy Power this morning.
Earlier on the card Quickpick Vic is sure to be popular in the Listed novice hurdle, but at the prices Carriganog (3:00) is worth backing each-way (8/1 with Bet365 this morning).
Aidan O’Brien’s five-year-old was an impressive winner of a Wexford novice hurdle in October, after which he didn’t last home behind Apache Stronghold and Azorian in the Grade 2 Monksfield Novice Hurdle.
He shaped better when runner-up to the smart Smashing last time and the son of Shantou will probably appreciate today’s better going. He looks capable of going well in what looks a decent little event.
3:00 Naas Carriganog 8/1 EW Bet365
3:30 Naas Bright New Dawn 5/6 Paddypower
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14