Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; Prima Porta in the Ludlow 14:55. Compare odds and bet.
Though she goes chasing late in the season and, indeed, late in her career Prima Porta (2:55) is taken to make the most of the 6lbs she gets from market leader, She Ranks Me.
Evan Williams’ eight-year-old was a smart hurdler and scored here 13 months ago, when beating the classy Mickie in a valuable mares’ handicap hurdle. Runner-up to Cockney Sparrow in Listed company at Wetherby in November, she will appreciate the drop back in trip and the better ground than she has encountered of late.
The fences at Ludlow don’t take too much jumping and, provided that she puts in a clear round on debut, she can topple the favourite. The selection opened up 11-10 with Paddy Power last night.
2:55 Ludlow: Prima Porta; 11/10 Paddy Power
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14