Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Spyder in the Towcester 14:00. Compare odds and bet.
The opening novices’ hurdle at Towcester on Monday looks an above-average contest, with the likes of Master Dee, Rhapando and Such A Legend all showing enough of late to suggest they can get off the mark before the season is out.
But, useful ex-Flat performer Spyder (2:00) also shaped with plenty of promise on his hurdling bow at Southwell last month and the six-year-old ought to have the pace to cope with the drop back in trip.
The form of his second reads well, with third home Brave Vic coming out and winning the EBF Final at Sandown a couple of weeks ago. Lucy Wadham’s charge should appreciate the better surface and can strike under Leighton Aspell.
2:00 Towcester: Spyder; 7/2 William Hill
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14