Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Warriors Tale in the Hexham 17:40. Compare odds and bet.
The second division of the Hexham bumper looks a decent event on Monday, with the form of Never Never being boosted at Limerick yesterday.
Since his Leopardstown second, the four-year-old has joined Donald McCain’s yard and he sets the standard. The son of Jeremy will be priced up accordingly, however, so he is taken on with Warriors Tale (5:40) who looks a viable each-way alternative.
Nicky Richards’ five-year-old has travelled strongly throughout both starts to date, without finishing as well as it may have been hoped. It could be that the Midnight Legend gelding needed time to fill out and, having been off for 73 days (in which time he has changed ownership), he looks capable of a bold show under Wilson Renwick.
5:40 Hexham: Warriors Tale; 7/2 Skybet
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14