Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Ertijaal in the Lingfield 14:55. Compare odds and bet.
Following a course-and-distance success on his seasonal reappearance, when he had to overcome a poor draw, William Haggas’ Ertijaal (2:55) is fancied to follow up in the 3 Year Old Championship Conditions Stakes at Lingfield on Good Friday.
The Oasis Dream colt had looked more than promising at two, winning well at Yarmouth, having run yesterday’s Craven winner, Toormore, to a ¼ length on debut at Leicester in May.
As low as 16/1 with a couple of firms for the 2,000 Guineas (40s in a place) he will need to win well here if he is to take up that engagement in the opening Classic of the season. The selection was available at 6/4 with Coral on Thursday evening.
2:55 Lingfield: Ertijaal; 6/4 Coral
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14