Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Sausalito Sunrise in the Perth 15:15. Compare odds and bet.
Impressive in winning for a third time this season at Bangor just 11 days ago Sausalito Sunrise (3:15) is taken to follow up in Perth’s “Future Champions” National Hunt Novices’ Hurdle, on Wednesday.
Philip Hobbs’ six-year-old has made giant strides this term, winning well earlier in the campaign at Chepstow and Haydock, before bouncing back to form when sixth in the Albert Bartlett – ran well for a long way, having disappointed on testing ground in the River Don.
The son of Gold Well fairly bolted up at the North Wales track earlier in the month and, if he is able to maintain his form for one more run, he should take a bit of stopping on his favoured good ground. This being his seventh run of the season is a slight concern, but Oscar Rock has appeared regressive this season (was one of my leading hopes for the season), whilst the remainder of the opposition needs to take a step forward. The selection opened up 2-1 on Tuesday evening.
3:15 Perth: Sausalito Sunrise; 15/8 Betvictor
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14