Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Telescope in the Sandown 14:10. Compare odds and bet.
After a slightly truncated three-year-old campaign, I’m fully expecting Telescope (2:10) to make up into a high-class four-year-old and, though the trip is on the sharp side for him and he reportedly needs the outing, he is taken to make a winning return in the Gordon Richards Stakes at Sandown.
The Galileo colt will no doubt come on for the run and, should Sky Hunter be fully wound-up, then he could have a serious test on his hands for this seasonal reappearance. But, I thoroughly expect him to step forward massively this season and he can take this en route to a crack at the Coronation Cup at Epsom, or the Hardwicke Stakes at Royal Ascot.
2:10 Sandown: Telescope; 13/8 William Hill
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14