Paul Ferguson has one selection from Fairyhouse; Cailin Annamh at 7.10. Compare odds and bet.
As was evident at Punchestown last week, Jessie Harrington has her string in fine order and she can strike again on Tuesday evening, with the useful mare Cailin Annamh (7:10) who is taken to make a winning chase debut, in the 2m5f beginners’ chase.
The six-year-old finished runner-up to Legacy Gold in the valuable mares’ bumper at Aintree last year and went on to win five times (from 9 starts) over timber, latterly in Grade 3 company at Punchestown in October.
Since then, she finished down the field behind Quevega at Cheltenham and sixth at the same track last month, off a mark of 138. That most recent effort should have the daughter of Definite Article spot on for this and, with the ground in her favour, she is taken to score under Barry Geraghty.
Of the opposition, Busty Brown is interesting on his old novice hurdle form, but he didn’t really progress from his belated return this season.
7:10 Fairyhouse: Cailin Annamh
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14