Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Saturday; Yuften in the Newmarket 16:40. Compare odds and bet.
The pick of the action on Saturday comes from Newbury, with the London Gold Cup arguably the most interesting race with the remainder of the season in mind, with the three fairly unexposed and potentially smart three-year-olds taking each other on.
Elsewhere, the Listed Fairway Stakes is the feature from HQ, where Yuften (4:40) is fancied to land the mile maiden for William Haggas.
A real eye-catcher on debut when second to Barley Mow at Newbury, the Invincible Spirit colt was then third to a less-fancied stable-mate here in September and the runner-up won next time at Haydock, to frank that form.
The step up to 1m will suit for today’s reappearance and he sets a decent standard. The fact he still holds an entry in both the Irish 2,000 Guineas and the St James’s Palace Stakes suggests he continues to impress in his homework and he looks worth another chance on today’s return.
4:40 Newmarket: Yuften; 4/5 @ Winner.com
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14