Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Saturday; Rye House in the Newmarket 3:35. Compare odds and bet.
With a run under his belt and an extra 2f in his favour Rye House (3:35) is fancied to get off the mark for the season, at Newmarket on Saturday.
Sir Michael Stoute’s five-year-old ran on well behind Clever Cookie at York on his reappearance and remains a horse capable of landing another valuable handicap, before being forced up in class. The Dansili gelding opened up at 7-2 on Friday afternoon.
His York conqueror Clever Cookie returns to the Knavesmire for his third start on the level and regular readers of this column will know that I have long been a big fan of Peter Niven’s stable-star. He steps up to Listed class today, however, and, has much more on his plate than his price would now suggest (backed from 8-1 into 5s as soon as the market opened).
3:35 Newmarket Rye House
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14