Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Some Hawk in the Listowel 15:10. Compare odds and bet.
Rather disappointing during his first season over hurdles Some Hawk (3:10) finally got his act together at Killarney last month and, in the hope that he is now ready to fulfill his potential, Thomas Mullins’ five-year-old is taken to follow up at Listowel on Monday.
The son of Presenting showed smart form in a couple of bumpers during April of last year, chasing home On Blueberry Hill at Fairyhouse before finishing third to Albert Bartlett winner Very Wood at Punchestown, in a race that also included Value At Risk, Western Boy, Sub Lieutenant and Wicklow Brave.
He failed to get competitive in four races over hurdles over the minimum trip, but stayed on well to score over 2m6f last time and he ought to relish the step up to 3m this afternoon. The decent ground should also be to his liking and the selection opened up 6-1 with Paddy Power on Sunday evening.
3:10 Listowel: Some Hawk; 13/2 Boylesports
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14