Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Adelaide in the Ascot 15:35. Compare odds and bet.
It was nice to see Aidan O’Brien saddle a couple of winners yesterday, courtesy of Bracelet (Ribblesdale) and Leading Light (Gold Cup), as he trains the sole selection on the penultimate day of Royal Ascot.
Rather unlucky in running on his reappearance in France Adelaide (3:45) returned to winning ways in the Group 3 Gallinule Stakes at the Curragh last time, after which today’s King Edward VII Stakes was nominated as his next target, rather than the Epsom Derby.
The Galileo colt shapes as though he will improve for the step up to a mile-and-a-half, particularly given the way he finished strongly last time, and he is taken to land this competitive Group 2, a race the stable took a decade ago with Five Dynasties.
The selection was trading at 11/4 with William Hill this morning (Friday).
3:45 Royal Ascot Adelaide 11/4 William Hill
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14