Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Sizing Venezuela in the Kilbeggan 18:30. Compare odds and bet.
Only seventh on his sole start to date, in a Fairhyouse bumper last December, Sizing Venezuela (6:30) is still a horse of some interest and is taken to make a winning debut for Henry De Bromhead at Kilbeggan on Monday evening.
Sent off 5-4 for what turned out to be a hot event (winner Value At Risk went on to finish placed in a Grade 1 and runner-up Windsor Park won impressively at Leopardstown in January) he went well for a long way, before fading under Patrick Mullins.
Given that he has been absent since and has also changed stables, it is safe to assume that all has not been right with the five-year-old. This hurdling debut surely represents a big drop down in class and, assuming he jumps well, he can strike under Andrew Lynch.
6:30 Kilbeggan: Sizing Venezuela; 5/2 bet365
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14