Paul Ferguson has one selection from Newcastle on Thursday, Nashvillea in the 1600. Compare odds and bet.
Newcastle stages a decent 2m handicap on Thursday, in which recent Ripon first and second Rayadour and Rumble Of Thunder re-oppose.
The latter, a smart hurdler on his day, could well reverse form in a more strongly run race on quicker ground but, at the prices, a chance is taken on Nashville (4:00) who has returned to somewhere near his best on his last two outings.
A dual winner on good ground last August, the wheels rather came off afterwards, but he finished runner-up at Newcastle in May and third in a fairly strong event at Musselburgh just 12 days ago. Off the same mark and with Richard Fahey in such good form, he is taken to return to winning ways – the selection was available at 9-2 overnight.
4:00 Newcastle: Nashville; 9/2 betvictor
Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2013-14
Pre order now, published early September in good time for the new season:
Just £9:95 inc p&p
* order online www.cc-publishing.co.uk
* or, send a cheque payable to ‘The Racing Insider’ to PO Box 98, Liverpool L9 1WY (with address details)
Fellow Betrescue columnist and Bet Victor’s Charlie McCann says: “it really is a privilege to write the foreword for such an informative and well-researched publication, which continues to go from strength to strength.”
New for 2013-14:
Grade 1 winning jockeys Nick Scholfield and Jane Mangan provide readers with their horses to follow
Last years results included:
* Leading Prospects, Arvika Ligeonniere (x3), Boston Bob, Captain Conan (x3), Champagne Fever (x2 inc Supreme Novices’ Hurdle), Glens Melody, Melodic Rendezvous, Simonsig (Arkle) & Un Atout won 13 Grade 1 novice contests between them
* My Tent Or Yours won 4 times including the Betfair Hurdle and the Top Novices’ at Aintree
* Stable Round-Up included Neptune winner The New One, Scottish Champion Hurdle winner Court Minstrel and David Pipe’s Dynaste of whom it read “could follow the Grands Crus path of last year, starting in the Steel Plate And Sections before he is readied for the Feltham” – he won both races and also scored at Aintree in April
* Across The Sea – Mount Benbulben 14/1 winner of the Grade 1 novice chase at the Punchestown Festival
* Under The Hammer – horses featured in this section included Champion Bumper winner Briar Hill (25/1) and The Liquidator, who won the equivalent Grade 1 at Punchestown – this section has been greatly increased for 2013-14